“FOCUS Day Camps provide the special care my child needs and the fun she wants!”
Remember wonderful days of summer camp – playing with old friends, meeting new ones? Messy art projects, group games and great music?? Children with multiple disabilities have few opportunities to attend summer camp; their medical, physical, or cognitive needs cannot be managed by most camps. FOCUS day camps offer the care children need – and the fun children should have!! While fees are charged for day camps, scholarships are available. Sorry, no transportation is provided for summer day camps.
FOCUS offers two summer day camps: Camp TEAM and Camp Hollywood:
Camp TEAM -Camp TEAM focuses on camper’s unique abilities and promotes growth in a traditional, outdoor camp environment. Camp TEAM provides campers fun and diverse activities and is offered for four days at Mercer University in Chamblee. Campers must be between ages 7 and 13, with some restrictions.
Camp TEAM will be at Mercer University, 3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta
Camp Hollywood: Camp Hollywood makes all children feel like STARS!! Campers enjoy a week of art, music, science, cooking and recreations based on the themes of popular children’s movies. Counselors are paraprofessionals and teachers who have experience with children with developmental disabilities. Camp Hollywood is for one week in 10 different locations each summer. Campers must be between ages 5 and 21, with some restrictions.
Camp Hollywood locations:
- Acworth – Summit Baptist Church, 4310 Moon Station Lane
- Alpharetta – Alpharetta Presbyterian Church, 180 Academy Street
- Buckhead – The Cathedral of Saint Philip, 2744 Peachtree Road NW
- Chamblee – Embry Hills United Methodist Church, 3304 Henderson Mills Road
- Johns Creek – Johns Creek United Methodist Church, 11180 Medlock Bridge Road
- Lawrenceville – McKendree United Methodist Church, 1570 Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road
- Marietta – Mt. Bethel Methodist Church, 4385 Lower Roswell Road
- McDonough – First United Methodist Church of McDonough, 151 Macon Street
- Peachtree City – First Baptist Church of Peachtree City, 208 Willowbend Road
Before registering your child for a FOCUS Day Camp, please carefully read our Parent Handbook.
For more information on FOCUS Day Camp Program email [email protected].
Want to volunteer? Contact [email protected] for more information.