Each summer, FOCUS offers Camp Infinity so teens and young adults with disabilities can enjoy a week of camp at Camp Twin Lakes Rutledge. Campers gain independence, enjoy friendships with peers, and try new outdoor adventures.
Each fall, FOCUS offers OctoberFest at Camp Twin Lakes Will-A-Way, a one-night retreat for teens and young adults. Participants enjoy fun, outdoor activities and renew friendships. New campers to FOCUS + Fragile Kids should attend OctoberFest before applying for Camp Infinity.
Eligibility requirements for Camp Infinity and OctoberFest include:
- Campers must be between 14-29 years old and members of the FOCUS Teen & Young Adult Group.
- Campers must be willing to stay with a group at camp, adapt to group living routine, and possess they physical stamina to participate in high energy outdoor camp activities, with possible exposure to high heat.
- Campers must have no aggressive, inappropriate, dangerous or threatening behaviors to self or other individuals at camp.
- Campers must be able to communicate ‘yes’ or ‘no’ consistently to counselors at camp through words, gestures, or signs.
- Campers must be in good health and show no signs of communicable disease or have open or draining wounds.
- Campers should be toilet-trained and only need assistance with toileting (transfers, hygiene, clothes, reminders, catheters). Campers in diapers for occasional accidents can be managed, but frequent changes cannot be handled in a setting that is largely outdoors.
- Campers should be ready to have fun and make memories!
Please Note: Priority for new campers to Camp Infinity is given to individuals who have previously attended OctoberFest weekend. Campers who attend another camp in Georgia will go on the waiting list to allow others the opportunity to experience camp.
Please email [email protected] with questions about Camp Infinity or OctoberFest.