Each summer, FOCUS offers Camp Infinity so teens and young adults with disabilities can enjoy a week of camp at Camp Twin Lakes Rutledge. Campers gain independence, enjoy friendships with peers, and try new outdoor adventures.
Each fall, FOCUS offers OctoberFest at Camp Twin Lakes Will-A-Way, a one-night retreat for teens and young adults. Participants enjoy fun, outdoor activities and renew friendships.
Eligibility requirements for Camp Infinity and OctoberFest include:
- Campers must be between 14-29 years old and members of the FOCUS Teen & Young Adult Group.
- Campers must be willing to stay with a group at camp, adapt to group living routine, and participate in high energy outdoor camp activities, with possible exposure to high heat.
- Campers must have no aggressive or threatening behaviors to other individuals at camp.
- Campers must be able to communicate ‘yes’ or ‘no’ consistently to counselors at camp through words, gestures, or signs.
- Campers must be in good health and show no signs of communicable disease or have open or draining wounds.
- Campers should be toilet-trained and only need assistance with toileting (transfers, hygiene, clothes, reminders, catheters). Campers in diapers for occasional accidents can be managed, but frequent changes cannot be accommodated.
Please email [email protected] with questions about Camp Infinity or OctoberFest.