After a child is diagnosed with a significant developmental or physical disability, parents begin a journey in a new world of medical specialists, frequent hospitalizations, and ongoing therapies. They might worry about managing financially, about giving siblings enough attention, about the future of their child. They need comfort, information and hope. FOCUS provides all three!! FOCUS offers parents support – a shoulder to cry on, an ear that understands the acronyms, a visit when a child is hospitalized; FOCUS offers information and resources in the community; we even offer specialized childcare so parents can take a break! FOCUS helps parents realize that they are not alone – others who have ‘been there’ can help!
- Share Groups – Informal support groups offered in multiple locations each month.
FOCUS on Moms & Mom’s Day Off – Days of friendship, fun, and a little pampering!
- Hospital Visits – FOCUS volunteers visit children (and their parents!) when children are hospitalized at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite & Egleston.
- Conference, Monthly Workshops & More – FOCUS helps families find resources and information
- Extra Special Saturday Respite – Childcare for children so parents can enjoy a break…..sshhhh….this is really a program for the children, but parents love it, too!!
- Bi-Monthly Newsletter – Written by families, the FOCUS newsletter share stories and tidbits to make daily life easier.
- Just for Dads – Annual Daddy-Daughter Dance and get-togethers for dads