Information is power! FOCUS + Fragile Kids offers information to give you power!
Our Annual Education Conference is a great day of learning and networking. FOCUS + Fragile Kids invites local professionals to speak on various topics to speak at the Annual Education Conference and help parents (and other professionals) find the information they need. Representatives from community agencies exhibit so participants can learn about services, such as respite care, therapy groups, assistive technology, and adapted equipment. Parents enjoy a day of networking with professionals, community agencies, and other parents and learn valuable information to help their child…..and their family. There is a small fee to cover the cost of the conference, but scholarships are available for those with financial need.
Spring & Fall Workshops Pre-registration is required for all workshops. All workshops are held at the FOCUS + Fragile Kids office at 3825 Presidential Parkway, Suite 103. Atlanta, GA 30340. If you are not a FOCUS member but would like to attend, please email [email protected] Childcare will not be provided.
- Guardianship | Thursday, September 12th at 10AM with Heather Nadler – Special Needs Law
- How to apply for NOW/COMP Waiver | Friday, September 20th at 9:30AM with Heidi Moore – Parent Advocate for Individuals with Disabilities
- We have NOW/COMP waiver….what now? | Friday, September 20th at 12:30PM with Heidi Moore – Parent Advocate for Individuals with Disabilities
- Growing Through the Grief, Life After Child Loss | Saturday, September 21st at 10AM with Lanise Shortell-RN, Certified Grief Recovery Specialist
- Deeming / Katie Beckett Waiver | Thursday, October 17th at 10AM with Debbie Dobbs – M.S. Special Education Consultant & Child Advocate
- Bowel Management for the Medically Complex Child | Saturday, October 19th with Kathleen Hoff – Physician Assistant at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (Registration coming soon, once time is confirmed with speaker)
- Wills, Trusts & Guardianship | Friday, November 1st at 10AM with Dj Jeyaram – Attorney at Jeyaram & Associate
- Planning for a Divorce with a Special Needs Child | Thursday, November 7th at 1pm with Kim Martin-Associate Attorney at Nadler Biernath Law
- Special Needs Estate Planning | Saturday, November 9th at 10AM with Kim Martin – Associate Attorney at Nadler Biernath Law
- Turning 18 with Special Needs | Saturday, November 9th at 12:30PM with Kim Martin – Associate Attorney at Nadler Biernath Law
- Nuts & Bolts of IEP’s | Thursday, November 14th at 10AM with Allison Vrolijk- Attorney at Law
Pre-Registration is required.
To register, go to our Family Portal and sign in or register with an email.